"Where nothing is impossible."
Ten points each.
- What coin doubles in value when half is deducted?
- I have 3 coins, they are not a quarter, nor a dime, or a penny. It adds up to 60 cents. What are the coins?
- How can you add eight 8's to get the number 1,000? (only use addition)
- In a certain country ½ of 5 = 3. If the same proportion holds, what is the value of 1/3 of 10 ?
- Divide 110 into two parts so that one will be 150 percent of the other. What are the 2 numbers?
- If one nickel is worth five cents, how much is half of one half of a nickel worth?
- A street that is 40 yards long has a tree every 10 yards on both sides. How many total trees on the entire street?
- Why is the longest human nose on record only 11 inches long?
- A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine died. How many does he have left?
- You take two apples from three apples. How many do you have?
- Why didn’t the Romans find algebra challenging?
- How does a mathematician induce good behavior in her children?
- What kind of tree does a math teacher climb?
- Why was the obtuse angle upset?
- What shape is usually waiting for you at Wendy's?
Ten points each.
- If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half-hour starting at noon, at what time did you take the last pill?
- How many times can you take 5 away from 25?
- If it takes two minutes to hard boil an egg, how many minutes will it take to hard boil five eggs.
- Some months have 30 days, some have 31. How many months have 28 days?
- A basket contains 5 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 5 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?
- Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?
- Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?
- A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All the sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by. What color is the bear? Why?
- If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
- How far can a dog run into the woods?
- One big hockey fan claimed to be able to tell the score before any game. How did he do it?
- You can start a fire if you have alcohol, petrol, kerosene, paper, candle, coke, a full matchbox and a piece of cotton wool. What is the first thing you light?
- Why do Chinese men eat more rice than Japanese men do?
- What word describes a woman who does not have all her fingers on one hand?
- A belt and a pin cost a total of $1.40. If the belt costs $1.00 more than the pin, how much did the pin cost?